Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blog 7: PLN


For my professional development network, I utilized Digg Reader as a source to collect information via RSS Feed. The main site that I received headlines from was Edudemic. The tagline or motto for the site is connecting education and technology. This is exactly what my professional circle of influence resides and I have learned some fascinating concepts with this reader. A recent article from edudemic talked about the advantages of utilizing Mac OSX Mavericks. This new update is free and my classroom is 100% Mac! iLife and iWork software updates are also free on contingency. The district techs updated all my computers automatically. Here is the direct link to the article.

I spent most of my time using the Digg Reader and Edudemic. I performed a trial with the affinity group Classroom 2.0. This was a group I found out I happened to be apart of about 4 years back. I revisited the group and I came to the same conclusion. I just do not have the time to sift through information and I lost interest. Same with Twitter; I am just not a big fan.

Through using my PLN, I came to the conclusion that I like the convenience of the Digg reader and how it brings headlines in my field directly to me. I am a creature of convenience as all my time is accounted for as a high school teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment